Wednesday, 31st July 2019
Conservative Policy Forum meeting \
Resources for the POST-BREXIT ECONOMY discussion
The Sea View 2 Preston Road Whittle le Woods
Please download the briefing papers below
- How do we change the focus of debate from Brexit to other concerns that matter to the wider electorate?
- What should a fair Conservative tax offer look like? How should public services be fairly funded? Which services should be funded purely by local communities?
- How many in your group think the government should increase spending on public services, even if that means higher taxes or more borrowing? How many disagree?
- Given our Party’s commitment to delivering lower taxes for ordinary, working people:
- (i) What specific taxes would you abolish or simplify?
- (ii) What taxes would those who want increased spending on services be prepared to see government raise?
- What further policies should we pursue to boost investment in infrastructure, skills and industry?
- What investment in roads, rail, fibre and other infrastructure should we prioritise?
- What should we do to make the UK the best place to build a tech business?
- What should we do to maintain the UK’s leadership in Financial Services?
- What should we do to boost our exports and our attractiveness as a destination for Foreign Direct Investment?
- Is there any other question you think should have been asked or observation you would like to make?
|Short Brief - Post Brexit Economy||183.44 KB|
|Brief - Post Brexit Economy||838.69 KB|
|Slides - Post Brexit Economy||1.13 MB|