The Local Boundary Commission for England has confirmned the final boundary arrangements for Lancashire County Council Divisions across Chorley. Due to population changes across the County, Chorley gets an extra county councillor at the expense of Preston.
The new County Divisions are:
- Chorley Central (comprising of Chorley North-West Ward, Chorley South East Ward, and part of polling district 09A from Chorley South West Ward)
- Chorley North (Chorley East and Chorley North East Wards)
- Chorley Rural East (Pennine Ward, Heath Charnock and Rivington Ward, Adlington and Anderton Ward)
- Chorley Rural West (Eccleston and Mawdesley Ward, and Heskin, Charnock Richard, Bretherton, Croston, and Ulnes Walton,
- Chorley South (Most of Chorley South West Ward excluding some from polling district 09A, and the whole of Coppull parish)
- Clayton and Whittle (Clayton West and Cuerden Ward, Clayton and Whittle Ward)
- Euxton, Buckshaw and Astley (Astley and Buckshaw Ward, and Euxton North and South Wards)
- Hoghton with Wheelton (Brindle and Hoghton Ward, Clayton North Ward, Wheelton and Withnell Ward)
Parliament is expected to confirm the final recommendations of the Local Government Boundary Commission in time for the County-wide elections set on the new boundaries to be held in May 2017.